The Luxator at it's simplest is a fine sharp blade and tooth elevator combination manufactured from the finest Swedish Steel .
Luxator Extraction Instruments were invented and designed by a Swedish dentist to make extractions as trauma free as possible."
There are a variety of options available although I have found the standard design pictured above to be the best .
Some personal observations on luxator use
- The thin straight grey luxator is the most useful when extracting anterior teeth.
- When using a luxator in the anterior region avoid using it on the labial. Use only on the proximal and palatal.
- Go between the root and the socket wall wedging the luxator in an apical direction.
- Go slow.
- Protect against slipping of the luxator and injuring soft tissue.
- In multirooted teeth, separate the roots with a bur and then use a luxator.
- You can mallet the luxator with light taps.
- Sharpen the luxator blades when the blade becomes blunt on the sharpening stone provided.
- Available in India from Pyrax Exports or your local distributor.